Amy’s purpose for “Fish Cheeks”, Amy wanted us (the reader) to understand how ashamed she was of her Chinese customs. She also felt that Robert wouldn’t like her because of this.
As Amy looked back, she saw a couple of things, never be ashamed of who or what you are, and her mom and dad I think ,kind of knew that she liked Robert, so to impress Robert and his family; her mom made all of Amy’s favorites to welcome Robert and his family into their home.
This is a little funny, when I was in high school (freshmen year) I wanted to fit in. you just had to be in the in-crowd, Knowing I couldn’t afford some of the things the kids were wearing, I bought knock offs and boy did that cause more problems for me. The kids clowned me so bad. Instead of impressing the in-crowd, I should have been looking at the group that accepted me for me, not because I wore name brand stuff.
I took something’s from this little adventure in my high school career, no matter what is on the outside; it’s what’s on the inside that matters the most. Don’t go changing who you are to impress some else, take it or leave it. There will people who like you for you and some people won’t like you for you.
Just be you!
I totally agree with you on this. I think I looked at it with the same perspective. I would want people to like me for who I am. Not for who I'm not, and I think everyone should go by that.
ReplyDeleteFunny you mention you bought knock offs to fit in, in my old home town, Crescent City, everyone was about the name brand stuff. So our friend opened a store, Steal Reserve, that carried nothing but knock offs, And you couldn't tell they were knock offs. The word, NIKE, on the bottom of the shoe was missing a chunk out of it, therefore they were "Knock offs."
But anyways good point.. JUST BE YOU.
1. Your eassy covers all the areas and your thesis is well explained with an example that you experienced in real life.
ReplyDelete2. Your biggest strenght was your experince in High school because we all have to go through experince to fully understand the situation and when you say "it matter who you are from inside not outside" that explains it all .